bOJA - bundesweites Netzwerk Offene Jugendarbeit
Centre of competence for Open Youth Work
bOJA is the centre of competence for Open Youth Work in Austria. The association is the service and networking agency for Open Youth Work in Austria as well as the expert office for quality development in Open Youth Work. It represents Open Youth Work at a national and international level. bOJA is the mouthpiece for the field of Open Youth Work - with the aim of positioning the topics, perspectives and needs of Open Youth Work and the young people who use its services in the national and international (youth) political debate.
- Service: Information, counselling, support, further education
- Coordination and networking of people, organisations, projects and topics
- Quality and Open Youth Work: quality reflection, quality discussion, quality development
- Positioning and lobbying (for example in working groups, networking bodies, at talks, in the form of expert contributions and in public discourse)
- bOJA-Publications in English: see Downloads
Extremism Information Centre
The Extremism Information Centre is a nationwide point of contact for all kinds of questions related to religious or political extremism. The centre is part of bOJA.
- Further information: Extremism Information Centre
Austrian POYWE Member
bOJA is one of the founding members of POYWE, the Professional Open Youth Work in Europe.
This network pursues the following objectives:
- Strengthening the position of Professional Open Youth Work
- Making the effects and the necessity of this field of action visible
- A common approach to quality development
The main focus is concentrated on the fact, that Professional Open Youth Work should play an important role in all matters of European youth policy.
As one of the involved organisations, bOJA underlines the described needs and possibilities.
- Further information: POYWE